In our funniest episode to date, Rebecca and Nanci speak with Xanthe Turner, the passionate, dedicated, hard-working, 14-year-old illustrator of ‘Zany Circus: Paradox‘.
Xanthe and Nanci talk about what inspired the Zany Circus stories, and Rebecca shares her thoughts on why she sees ‘Zany Circus: Paradox’ as a fun and exciting teaching tool.
This episode delves into subjects such as;
- What’s missing from the Australian Curriculum?
- Dyslexia, Nikola Tesla, Isaac Newton, and living ‘outside the norm’.
- How did Xanthe develop so much passion, drive, and dedication?
- Where have all the moths gone?
- Finding humour in things that aren’t supposed to be funny.
- Historical bodily fluids.
- Having fun with physics.
- Story worlds and imagination.
- Shaping your own future, even if you can’t time travel.
- Being disappointed by nostril scarves.
- The upcoming launch of ‘Zany Circus: Paradox’, on April 15th, 2017, at 2pm, at Mandurah Performing Arts Centre.
For more information about ‘Zany Circus:Paradox’, or the launch, visit to http://www.aulexic.com.au/paradoxlaunch