Competition Terms And Conditions
- The Promoter is Rebecca Laffar-Smith (ABN: 76 714 228 736)
on behalf of Aulexic at 824 South Western Highway, Byford, W.A. 6122.
- The promoter’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result or winning entries.
- Our Aulexic competitions are run on behalf of Aulexic unless otherwise stated on the competition entry page.
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entries are open to all ages. However, entrants under the age of 18 must have permission from a parent or guardian.
- Entries are open to residents of any country. However, prizes will only be shipped to addresses within Australia.
- Entries are open to all prior entrants. However, prior winners cannot claim a prize in consecutive months.
3. Time frame
- Each competition will be held once.
- For monthly competitions, entries will be accepted from the 1st day of the month and close on the 25th day of the month.
- Winners will be selected at 9:30am AWST of the next day following the close of entries.
- Winners will be contacted by Aulexic via email for confirmation and to arrange for delivery of the prize, which will occur in the following calendar month.
- To enter, participants must submit their entry via the webform on the Aulexic website specific to the chosen competition, or submit their entry along with a valid entry form via post to 824 South Western Highway, Byford, W.A. 6122.
- Submission of the competition form constitutes agreement with these terms and conditions.
- Competitions requiring a digital image must be submitted in .jpg, .png, .pdf, or print formats only.
- Competitions requiring text entries must be submitted either directly into form fields or via .doc, .docx, .txt, .pdf, or print formats only.
- Competitions requiring a website link must resolve to a legitimate link showing valid information at the time when winners are drawn.
- Comments and images submitted elsewhere, including on Twitter or Facebook, will not be counted as an entry. However, we do welcome sharing your entry on social media after submitting to the competition.
- Each entry must contain unique content but entrants may enter multiple times.
- Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
- Each valid entrant will be judged by an Aulexic publisher or editorial staff member. The judges will select the winning entry, based on the most creative, informative, or useful submission, in the context of the selected competition’s subject matter.
5. Costs and expenses
- The cost of entering the competition will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider, printing facilities, or postal services.
- There are no entry fees or associated costs in entering the competition demanded by Aulexic.
- Costs associated with awarding the prize, including cost of production and shipping, are part of the awarded prize unless otherwise stated in the specifics of the individual competition.
- All other expenses incurred as a result of entry are the responsibility of the entrant and will not be reimbursed regardless of winning status
6. Intellectual property
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s words and images, as submitted, recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with the Promoter or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion. Information supplied when logging your entry will be used by Aulexic to contact you in the event your submission is selected as the winning entry and to include you in future mailings related to Aulexic. No further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
- Submission of an entry constitutes confirmation that the entrant holds all rights to the submitted materials and consents to the granting of non-exclusive perpetual reproduction rights and publication to the Promoter.
- The Promotor reserves the right to request winners provide proof of identity; proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including delays in the posting of comments due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- If for any reason a competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, transmission or postage, communications line or telephone, internet, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- Winners will be contacted at the email address given in the entry on the next business day following the close of the competition.
- Failure to respond to notification email within 48 hours may result in a replacement winner being selected.
- The first name, age, and winning entry will be posted to the Aulexic website following the selection of the competition winner.
- The first name, age, and winning entry may also be shared on social media and in Aulexic promotions future competitions.
- There will be one winner for Australia in each monthly competition.
- Winners will win the prize:
- defined by the specific competition of the month entered, or
- one paperback copy of a P.I. Penguin book of the winner’s choice written by Bec J. Smith
- plus free shipping within Australia.
- The total prize pool is valued between $25.00 and $100.00 as varied by the variable monthly prize.